According to the U.S. Department of Energy, the following actions can help you save energy today, and therefore keep more money in your pocket in these troubling times of soaring fuel costs.
Are You Following These Energy-Saving Practices?
• Set your thermostat comfortably low in the winter and comfortably high in the summer.
• Install a programmable thermostat that is compatible with your heating and cooling system.
• Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
• Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
• Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
• Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use (standby mode on TVs and DVD players still uses several watts of power).
AL GRANT REALTY GROUP
REMAX ALLEGIANCE: 202-256-8592
MY WEBSITE: WWW.ALGRANT.SELL4.COM