Here are a few tips we came up with:
- Less is more- Don’t go Griswold or you’ll scare buyer’s away before they get in the door.
- Highlight your home’s features- The decorations aren’t to hide or cover your home but to show it’s highlights. Think a beautiful wreath above your wood burning fireplace’s mantle.
- Keep it classic- Trendy decorations are only good for a year so stick with traditional ones. Go with items that create a feeling of warmth and comfort.
- Tone down the Christmas tree- Try to use a smaller (skinnier) tree and keep presents in a closet or packed tightly under the tree. A large tree with presents strewn about the floor lead buyer’s to believe that great room isn’t all that great.
- Clean Up- Those boxes you stored the decorations in don’t belong in the guest room. Your home needs to be in top showing condition, even during the holidays, so put them back into storage.
Al Grant Realty Group – Re/Max Allegiance
Office Phone: 202-580-6607 – Cell Phone: 202-256-8592
Join us on Facebook: Click Here!
The finest compliment I can receive is a referral from a friend, client or colleague. If you know of someone thinking of purchasing or selling a home, I would appreciate an introduction. Be assured, I will extend to them my highest degree of service and professionalism.