Water makes up over 60% of the weight of the human body, which makes water intake
extremely important for the function of every system in the body.
Recommendations vary regarding how much fluid we need to drink each day. One recommendation is eight 8-ounce glasses a day. Another encourages men to drink 13 cups of water per day and women 9 cups a day. The best amount to drink is the amount that ensures you are rarely thirsty.
Here are some of the reasons why you should include water as part of a healthy diet:
• Cleanses the kidneys
• Flushes toxins from the body
• Keeps skin healthy
• Lubricates the joints
• Provides an ideal environment
for ears, nose and throat
• Carries nutrients to the cells
• Regulates body temperature
There are many different types of bottled water. The choices can be overwhelming, so here’s a guide:
- Spring water comes from an underground source that naturally flows to the surface. It is collected at the spring or at an underground source of the spring.
- Artesian water is collected from a confined, underground aquifer–a water-bearing, impermeable layer of rock, sand or ice. Some examples include Eternal Artesian Water
which comes from New Zealand and Voss Artesian Water from Norway.
- Flavored water may be a good choice for someone who struggles to get enough water. Remember, it may be sweetened or unsweetened. If flavored water is sweetened, it may contain added sugars or other sweeteners so be sure to read the nutrition facts label and the ingredients. Unsweetened flavored waters, sometimes referred to as essence waters, are flavored with fruit, mint, oreven cocoa but not sugar or sweeteners. Hint® and Metromint® are popular examples.
- Sparkling water, seltzer, and club soda contain carbonation. Tonic water is also carbonated but typically contains added sugar. Sparkling water with a slice of lemon can be a great alternative to soda.
No matter which water you choose, try these simple tips for ensuring that you reach your water intake goal.
- Drink water first thing in the morning. Most of us are pretty thirsty at this time of day so keep a glass or bottle next to your bed.
- Add your own flavor–a squeeze of lemon or orange or a splash of 100% fruit juice.
- Eat your fruits and veggies. Some are as much as 90% water!
- Keep a bottle of water with you at all times, especially on your desk where you can take sips all day
- Invest in a fun, reusable water bottle. This can help you track and even increase your water intake each day.
- Other beverages such as milk, juice, coffee and tea contribute to your fluid intake for the day. Be careful, however, as juice, coffee and tea (with added sugars and creamers)
can add unwanted calories.
- It’s best to rely on water to quench your thirst. It’s calorie-free and inexpensive!
Have you checked out our featured listing of the week?
9207 TIMBERLAKE RD, FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22408
$282,000 New Price
Click on the link below to view property details:
Blog from the office of:
Al Grant Realty Group – Re/Max Allegiance
Office Phone: 202-580-6607 – Cell Phone: 202-256-8592
Join us on Facebook: Click Here!
The finest compliment I can receive is a referral from a friend, client or colleague. If you know of someone thinking of purchasing or selling a home, I would appreciate an introduction. Be assured, I will extend to them my highest degree of service and professionalism.